We’ve all heard the saying "an apple a day keeps the doctor away" – and for good reason. Apples (and pears) really are a healthy option, backed up by science.
- Apples are naturally fat free
- Apples are a low-fat food
- Apples are naturally free from saturated fat*
- Apples contain only naturally occurring sugars, with no added sugar
- Apples are a source of fibre
- Apples are naturally sodium free**
- Apples are naturally salt free
*Reducing consumption of saturated fat contributes to the maintenance of normal blood cholesterol levels.
**Reduced consumption of sodium contributes to the maintenance of normal blood pressure.